The Gullies

All rping and big fancy schmancy buisness talks will officially be taken here from now on.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Horror ~ Smiling Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:58 pm

He shook out the match he was holding as it was getting dangerously close to his finger, and discarded the burnt out match onto the carpet, ignoring the small talk between the man and the injured girl, neither of them told him their names which just dawned on him. "So... Got a name, either of you?" Their talking was just background noise to him ever since they got off the elevator, as fear was gripping him tightly. He then lit another match to bring light to the dark corridor and proceeded to investigate around, ignoring the blood.

"It's bloody cold love..." He smirked darkly at his pun noticing spots of blood on the wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RPholic
I can quit RP anytime I want. I just dont want to

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Jay sighed and put his phone away ah yes of course....a twist.....there always has to be a twist with bizarre murders..... He got up and started walking out of the morgue. Seeing the assistant on his way out he asked him "Say what's the name of the forensics expert you were waiting on?. The assistant shifted his arms to pick out a personal folder,it seemed to be the forensics expert's, he took it and read it as he went up the stairs to the ground floor of the station. Liz Stark huh...?.....wait she's only 20?! man....great so she is practically new to this too. Man just my luck to pull some sorta rookie, she better at least not throw up after seeing a dead body... he stopped by at his office and took his gun with him. The way Joe had made it sound over the phone seemed to suggest that the killer might still be hanging around. He chomped on the last part of his lollipop as he thought about that. He kept the stick sticking out of his mouth though, it calmed his nerves to have his teeth closed over it. Also, it made him feel a little badass.

He got in his car and started driving towards the kid's apartment. He thought about stopping as he pulled out of the parking lot and getting a kevlar vest or something just in case. As it stood now he was in a simple jacket with just a normal dress shirt and tie. The standard cliche looking agent uniform, he decided he shouldn't bother. Time was of the essence, plus it seemed like they had a new witness, or victim, Joe hadn't said whether the girl had awoken yet so he was unsure of what to think. while he drived he opened Liz's profile and read up on her. A picture of her was casually tapped to one of the papers. He raised an eyebrow " well I guess theres one reason she got to be in this career earlier than most. Guess those guys down at the morgue just needed a pretty face to look at" he snickered as he drove on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gullible.userboard.net
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Joseph raised his eyebrows at Tyler's question and muttered quietly to Liz and himself, "Goddamnit he's drunk." Then he decided to answer his question. First he pointed to himself and said, "I'm Joseph, the son of a bitch who was letting you sleep in his bathtub tonight, I told you earlier and you heard from the Marshall, remember?" He then put on a small grin and pointed at Liz saying, "This here is Ms. Stark, she's a cop, don't you dare misbehave around such a pretty lady okay?" He then put on an evil grin((LIEK DIS Twisted Evil )) and said, "If you do I'll chop your head off."

He then turned to Liz smirking and whispered, "I hate violence." Then he wiped a drop of blood off her lip and started to tip toe down the hallway. All the while he was wondering two things, first and foremost was whether she would give him her number, the second was whether he would live or die when he turned the next corner.

"Please don't be another body," he muttered as he rounded the corner and stopped in front of the door where the blood was coming from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Nick dug in the plant pot for the key Keith kept to his apartment. It was fifteen minutes and he still hadn't knocked. Keith was hardly the kind of person to have a girl over, and it sounded quiet. Probably asleep, the dumbass. The door creaked open like usual. Still quiet, and dark; Keith slept with a nightlight.

No, seriously. But either Keith finally grew a pair or something was amiss. None of the deep-breathing sounds. Nick checked the bathroom; nothing. Gurgling sounds emanated from the bedroom. "Oh jeez Keith," Nick muttered. How did he of all people get a girl? Probably the red-light district trash though. Nick knocked loudly on the door to Keith's room and the gurgling intensified, followed by a thrashing sound. Prepared to squick out, Nick burst open the door.

Not squick in the way he thought. There wasn't a prostitute giving Keith any sort of 'services'. Keith was tied to the bed and upon seeing Nick started crying and gurgled louder than ever. Nick looked around, but there was nobody else in any of the rooms, hiding or otherwise. Quickly he untied his fellow nerdy and significantly less attractive friend (even though Nick knew he wasn't a great looker) and checked his body for wounds. His hands just moved by themselves trying to find the lacerations; Nick found he wasn't even thinking about it, just simply doing. Nick yanked the sheets free of Keith and easily tore them into ribbons with the adrenaline pumping through his body. His heart sank when he found that Keith's jugular had been hacked at, and his hands, already bloody, pulled Keith's away to try and stop the bleeding. All the while Nick tried to shout for help. He didn't even know what he was saying, but someone had to come running with all the noise he was making. His vision started to blur as Keith's shaking slowed down and the calls for help turned into little more than streams of curses with pleas for someone to hurry.

arguin bout my lil ponies i luv dfos so much ~keisha
dont lie they were all fat ugly chicks, u were @ an anime convention ~Gir
i think i can honestly say fuck this. it sounds like it's going to take the coordination and expertise of a swat team or an anti terrorist group. ~Eilana

Dfosource is a game? The hell am I asking, of course it is. ~Nayru

Captain~Promiscuity: WHAT IS THIS A SHIT TASTIC CROSS OVER OF NOW?
SeihouDegen: CURE 2 IN TOUHOU I'M SORRY WHAT IN THE BYAKUREN FUCK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:33 pm

"Cute..." He replied and began walking down the hallway lighting another match following Joseph. He didn't like being treated like he was dumb. He just doesn't like paying attention to things that bored him, like school, or things that didn't do anything, like cops. "Hey, five dollars says the kool-aid man was murdered in here with an axe by the old butler." He said sarcastically, then tried to shut out reality by humming a little song to himself and muttering a song to himself.

His coping skills were always a little odd, making his peers uncomfortibe, even making them think he was a sick person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Liz froze, turning a deep shade of red when Joseph wiped some blood off her lip. It took her a few seconds to come back to reality, and when she did, she scowled angrily. "I'm not a cop, alright!" she protested loudly, following Tyler, who seemed slightly withdrawn, down the hallway, coming up behind Joseph, her converse making no noise on the carpeted hallway floor. Pausing in front of the door with all the blood, Liz stared apprehensively at the blood. She wasn't very good with live, injured people, having only the minimal first aid training required to work in the FBI.

Dead people were definitely more of her area of expertise.

Suddenly, Liz heard the faint sounds of screaming drifting through the ceiling. It sounded like the person yelling was directly above them. Her eyes widened a fraction, and she muttered a few expletives before turning on her heel and sprinting down the hallway, her hand fumbling blindly for the handle on the doorway to the stairs. After what felt like years, she finally wrestled the door open. The yelling was louder now.

Liz took the stairs 2 at a time, tripping frequently before surging back up to her feet. She hit the 5th floor landing, and burst out into the dark hallway. Listening, she followed the frantic yelling to an open apartment door down the hallway. The smell of blood was thick and cloying, but familiar to her. Without hesitation, she sprinted into the room where the yelling was emanating from, not checking to see if Joseph or Tyler had followed her.

She skidded to a halt, face draining of colour. "Shit..." she mumbled, taking in the blood spattered room. A boy was standing next to the bed, yelling and trying to help another boy who was sprawled across the bed, his hands clasped to his throat. Blood was practically spurting from what Liz presumed was his cut jugular.

It was probably too late to save him. "Holy fuck, what happened?!" Liz asked the other boy, who was still trying to help his friend stop the fountain of blood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fawkyeahbirkin.deviantart.com
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:50 pm

At this time while the screaming started on the Third floor, no one heard it. The reason is at that exact moment a loud explosion came from the second tower. It toppled over, slowly, screeching, amongst the screams some people were still sound asleep.

On the twenty-first floor our friendly fellow with the headphones happened to be positioned just right to live as his apartment ended up crashing into the fifth floor of tower one. With the roof gone, the door jammed, and a five story fall beneath him, the occupant must enter the building on the fifth floor if he wants to live. Otherwise he will probably end up dead.

All the while the tower fell in the distance people could hear an insane laughter.

A laughter like the devil himself.

And a great grin up in the sky.

Joseph had followed Liz and stood there in utter shock rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't hallucinating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:01 pm

He then found reality struck him hard, he turned to see Joe and the woman, Liz, run off to the upper floor. He cursed loudly and ran after them, thinking out loud, "Fucking idiots! You never run off when crazy shit's happening!!" Being more alert he passed the window to see the other tower smokin and it seemed to slowly be getting larger. He ran up a floor joining his... He wouldn't call them 'friends' but more like mutual aqquaintences now. He found the two wanting to scold them and at the same time report what had just happened with the tower falling when he saw the corpse and a kid around his age over the body. He lit a new match to see better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insane-Rob
Lord Wadelsworth British Roundhead

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Either the gravity had just been turned off, or his room was now at a 45 degree angle.

Rob had awoken to the feeling of falling, he gripped onto the side of the matress assuming it was just one of those dreams, but the feeling didn't stop at any point. The tower opposite was coming closer, the black sky being slowly replaced by the grey concrete. Frozen in place he had no choice but to simply pray he'd make it through this.

There were gashes across his forehead and his ankle was badly sprained, perhaps even broken. He was sitting in a crevice between the floor and the wall directly below his window, shards of glass were covering the matress and were scattered in his hair and clothes. It was hard to believe he'd survived an impact like that, he had been beyond lucky.

The mess of an apartment was now even less organised, broken furniture was blocking the door to the bathroom and a desk was precariously perched on the opposite side of the window, ready to fall. The table his makeshift bed lay upon had snapped in two beneath him as soon as it hit the corner, that coupled with the matress was what had saved his life. The cold chill of the night had invaded the room, and even this mild breeze was causing fragments of the building to crumble around him.

There was burning, the distinct smell of fire tearing through fabric, though there was no smoke or sound so it must have been atleast a few floors below. He could hear water running too, god knows how many pipes had just been broken.

He managed to haul himself up to survey the rest of the damage, the whole goddamn building was now leaning on the southern tower. Glad to still be fully clothed he balanced himself on what remained of the drawer, the incline was too steep to try and escape by the front door, that only left one option.

Out the window.

Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:15 pm

As the explosion sounded Nick dove to the floor, awkwardly keeping his fingers around Keith's neck. The ceiling cracked and dust trickled down ominously; a bureau even nearly flattened Nick. Luckily for him, if he'd been another foot to the right his skull might have been cracked. There was no way Keith was going to survive this without some help.

"Okay Keith I know it's probably not the best of ideas but nobody can hear me. Stay still and try not to move. I'll get some help and be right back." They were blatant lies; Keith was going to probably die while he was gone. Nick gave Keith a particularly thick part of the cloth. "Don't stop putting pressure on it," he called. Nick couldn't see very well in the near-darkness but knew his eyes were very red. As he was about to walk out of the room he nearly had a heart attack since three more people were standing there. He picked up something cold and metallic and readied it as a match dimly lit their faces; all three of them were as drawn as his probably was. "I know what it looks like but don't jump to conclusions. We need to get this man out of here." His eyes narrowed as he recognized two of the people who'd been at the crime scene.

Okay. People were here. Even better, the woman had the air of knowing what she was doing. There was a major earthquake or something but Nick quickly wiped the blood from his hands onto Keith's bed. Time to regain control. He stared dully at the wall as the others examined Keith's heavily-injured frame.

i think i can honestly say fuck this. it sounds like it's going to take the coordination and expertise of a swat team or an anti terrorist group. ~Eilana

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RPholic

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:48 pm

IC:

Jay was closing in on the area when he heard soemthing over the police radio

" emergency units please go to 12008 clover street. Explosions were ehard and paramedics have been called as well as the fire department. Apparently one of the twoers had a series of explosions occur causing it to fall into the other tower. A confirmed death toll is still pending and not everyone has been accounting for. Units are asked to help with evacuating both building of all able bodied survivors and getting them out of the area before the collapsed towers possibly falls onto the ground or simply crushes the other tower under it's weight"

Jay was shocked to hear that fucking shit........they better of not gotten themselves killed he thought as he arrived at the area to see it just as the radio had described it. People were screaming for help and some were even looking as thoguh they were going to jump. He quickly got out of the car and went past the police barricades. There were towers to go in and check for Joe and the others. He didn't know which one they could be in damnit guess I gotta make a sophisticated guess he thought as he ran towards the one that hadn't collapsed.

He raced up the stairs knowing that the elevators weren't working. He had to go soemwhat slow because people were racing the opposite direction trying to get out of the building. he had finally made it to the third floor where it seemed that the people he was encountering were less and less. Finally, when he arrived at the fifth floor he could go no further. Pat of the tower had collaping in and stopped him from going any higher than the fifth floor. He took out a pen flashlight and his gun. There was still potentially a killer around after all, and went into the dark area of the fifth floor.

As his light hit the back of what seemed to be someones head he froze and raised his gun yelling "FEDERAL AGENT! DON'T MOVE!!" the light somewhat illuminated the other people with the man, a girl and a few other people but it definantly showed the fresh dead body which was the major reason for aiming at them.

" okay....turn around slowly and don't try to fucking put one over on me.....I have a gun you know" He demanded
Back to top Go down
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Liz had started to step forwards towards the boy, who was loosely holding some sort of metal object in one hand and looking away from the boy on the bed. She didn't know exactly what to say to the boy, who was obviously upset over his friend. Instead, Liz leaned over the blood spattered bed and put her hand over the injured boys neck, putting even more pressure on his sluggishly bleeding jugular.

He probably wasn't going to make it much longer. Liz could already see his eyes glazing over. 'What was his name...I think the boy said something like Keith...maybe...eh, worth a shot..." Liz thought.

"Keith, hey, I need you to stay with me, okay?" Liz said in as calm a tone as she could manage. Keith's bloody hand moved weakly, his blood spattered fingernails scrabbling over the back of her hands. Liz bit her lip, unaware of the fact her lip was dripping blood onto the dying boy's blood soaked chest.

As she repositioned herself to put more pressure on Keith's mauled throat, an authoritative male voice rang out from behind her, ordering her to put her hands in the air, and turn around slowly. Scowling, Liz twisted slightly, making sure to keep her hands on the boy's throat. She could barely make out a man, dressed as a federal marshal, holding up a handgun. Liz rolled her eyes and looked back down at Keith before speaking.

"Excuse me, Mr. All-Powerful-Federal-Marshal, but I doubt anyone in here is much of a threat. Plus, if I put my hands up now, you might get blood all over your cute little monkey suit." Liz spat sarcastically. "And, for the record, sir, I'm not scared of you. Maybe instead of pointing your stupid gun at the WRONG people, you should try to help out. Isn't that what marshals are SUPPOSED to do?"
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Joseph stood there snickering thinking, 'Oh wow what a girl, I really need to work getting that number.' Then he spoke up to the Marshall, "Mr. Marshall, Ms. Stark, forensics girl we found knocked out. Ms. Stark, Mr. Marshall, guy who is probably thinking he should arrest us for murder."

He yawned for a second before walking over to Liz and putting his hand on Keith's neck and motioning her to go talk to the Marshall and whispering, "I hate death."

He then held Keith's neck, even though he felt his heart stop, he heard his breathing stop, he stood there with his hand there until Liz was done talking.

He thought to himself that tonight couldn't get any worse.

It could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 pm

"Hmn... got a pretty mouth on her eh Joe?" He laughed, dropping the match that was burning his fingers now, but he put his hands up nonetheless not wanting to get shot or hurt tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Jay put his gun down and shot back at the snarky girl " I am also supposed to solve crimes and arrest murderers.....and you guys randomly standing near a dead body doesn't make you look exactly innocent" He shrugged and put away his gun as Joe introduced the girl as Ms. Stark he paused for a secong "wait.....You mean Liz stark?.....well I'll be damned it seems fate is playing a part in this travesty. I was waiting on you to come and examine a new body for me. Guess we have more important matters at hand at the moment though" He said standing next to the girl who seemed hard at work trying to keep the poor bastard alive somehow."Well since we are going to be partners for the rest of this case.....I really woulda thought we woulda been able to at least of had coffee before being knee deep in death and chaos but oh well...whaddya need me to do miss-not-scared-of-guys-with-guns?.....oh yeah I am Jay Mason by the way." He said, though he joked abit he was taking this seriously.He turned around for a moment to examine his surroundings, he didnt like the idea of the whole roof collapsing on them

"we should also consider getting out of here....and fast" he commented
Back to top Go down
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Liz gave Joseph a reassuring pat on the shoulder as he took her place at Keith's side, looking a bit uncomfortable. Wiping her bloodied hands on her jeans, she turned to face the Federal Marshal, looking him up and down smoothly.

"Well, if we'd been the murderers, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't still be here trying to keep the kid we killed alive, right?" she asked coolly.

Joseph introduced her to the federal marshal, and coincidentally, he happened to be THE federal marshal Liz was supposed to meet up with. 'So much for a good impression...' Liz thought, irritated.

Turning back to the body, she pressed her fingers to his neck. No pulse. Shaking her head sadly, Liz pushed Joseph away gently, muttering quietly, "No use. He's dead. Go talk to the boy that was with him when we came in. He probably needs someone to talk to him right now..."

Leaning over the dead body, Liz gently closed Keith's eyes, sighing deeply. She heard Jay make some comment about coffee, and grinned absentmindedly, but she was completely absorbed in examining Keith's neck. The gash was huge, and far far too ragged to be a normal blade-inflicted wound.

She tuned out everyone else in the room, taking steady, slow breaths, and continued to examine the rest of Keith's body.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Joseph stood there after getting pat thinking through what he should do, he knew the chap was dead. He stood there until Liz pushed him away and then went over to the new guy. He stared up and down at him, swearing he'd been somewhere else before. Then it hit him.

"Hey don't you live around where that accident happened tonight? I always see you going on a walk around there on my way back her-"

Now it isn't usual for someone to get cut off mid sentence once, but twice in a night makes you wonder if something is going on here. Well it happens that when talking to him Joe saw a drop of blood go plop onto his shoulder. He looked up as the whole ceiling started to turn red coated in blood. Then with a roar a wall collapsed onto the stairwell, blocking anyway to get down.

Joseph recalled his earlier thought, turned to the others, pointed at the ceiling, and said, "Well shit."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 pm

He looked up to see what Joe was pointing at and saw the blood too. "Well shit... What's next? A radio blasting static or a guy with a red pyrimad on his head that stalks us?" He joked, but the fear in his voice was as audible as the dripping of blood. "Now what? Do we just wait for death or do we just pray this is a continued nightmare from my drunken haze when I fell asleep earlier?" He said, angry and also terrified.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:57 am

"I knew he was dead when I got there. I just didn't want to worry him unnecessarily," Nick told the one named Liz. "And I'm no child. I was emancipated at sixteen, after all."

Then the wall collapsed, blocking the stairs to exit the building. "Oh. Great," Nick commented, completely deadpan. He added, once again in extreme sarcasm, "It's like someone really wants to kill us. However I've been in this building fairly often. I know of several alternative routes." The others' puzzled expressions prompted him to say more. "The windows," he remarked drily. "But seriously why don't you try the other set of stairs? The Towers are built in circles for just such an occasion."

Nick was just being even more dry than usual to mask his grief. There wasn't any point in him freaking out further. He rummaged around in Keith's closets, pulling out a long, cylindrical object. The match showed it was a thick wooden baseball bat. "At this point, whacking someone with this would feel pretty good," he commented, motioning for the others to follow him through the doorway to see if the other stairs were inaccessible. Keith had finally kicked the bucket, and Nick tried hard not to remember the time he'd burned himself trying to deep-fry an entire turkey.

(U C WAT I DID THAR~)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:39 am

(OOC:I c wut u did thar)

Jay saw the roof crumble and block the stairs he couldn't keep his mouth locked anymore and he just cursed out loud this time instead of in his mind "SHIT!!". After expelling that bit of anger out he tried to regain his composure by following the new kid he hadn't seen before. He tugged a tad roughly on Liz's shoulder to let her know that she should probably stop doing her job of examining the dead right at this moment "cmon" He said in an urgent tone "We have plenty of dead bodies from the same case at the morgue but first we need to get the hell out of this place before WE become the new dead bodies at the morgue."

He followed to kid through the door way as he hoped the others would do. The kid knew this place a lot better than he did so he waited for the kid to make a mve. Though he wanted to be sure of something "what do you think the chances are that any other set of stairs in this place are already blocked? We need to make this first escape attempt a successful one or else there is a chance everything will fall down on top of us while we are busy trying to get out." He used his small penlight to try and illuminate his surroundings more. To see if he could see another set of unblocked staircases from where he was.
Back to top Go down
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:09 am

(Didn't we establish that there was a bedroom? And most bedrooms have doors? It's implied everyone's still in there.)

Nick stopped just as he was about to step out the second doorway into the hall. "Why would you assume that I knew anything going on here?" He glanced back over the doorway where his only friend was covered by a navy sheet. "I just came over since he wanted me to fix his PC." He walked over to the blood-smeared laptop and rubbed his eyes. "He pressed the Mute button by mistake," he commented. "I'm stuck in this mess because he couldn't figure out how to un-mute his speakers." Disgusted he rummaged around in the dim drawers looking for something-or-other. Finally he fished out a round thing. There was a click and a small beam of light illuminated the nearest wall.

"Oh, you can call me Nick. Or Really Cool Guy, I don't mind which."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:19 am

Liz snapped back to reality when someone's hand, presumably Jay's, grabbed her shoulder roughly, tugging her away from the dead body. Irritated, she pulled her shoulder away reflexively. She'd never been particularly fond of people touching her. Actually, she'd never been completely fond of people, in general. At least, not the ones that were still breathing. Dead people, though, she didn't mind.

Turning, she saw the boy who'd been friends with Keith yank a flashlight out of a drawer. Frowning, Liz vaguely wished she could go back to her apartment and grab one of her own flashlights, but based on the shape the building was in, they didn't have that much time. Sighing, Liz tried unsuccessfully to scrub more of the blood off her hands onto her already-stained jeans. Glancing at Joseph and Tyler, she jerked her head slightly to one side, signaling that both of them should follow her out into the hallway after Jay and the boy, who had just informed everyone that he was named Nick.

Heading out in to the hallway, she caught the tail end of Jay's question about the stairs, and Nick's sarcastic reply. Rolling her eyes, Liz drawled, "They really don't hire based on intelligence over at the federal marshals, do they?"

Pushing past them, she started walking towards the end of the hallway opposite the stairs and elevator, both of which were presumably destroyed at this point. As she walked, she called to Joseph, "The fire escape runs down this side of the building right?"
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:41 pm

He looked through into the southern tower, this place was just as much of a wreck as his apartment had been, but atleast it was horizontal. What the hell had just happened? An earthquake? No, the towers were built stronger than that, this was intentional.

The collapse had been fast enough that his apartment had completely obliterated its way through the walls of the second tower, the poor guy who'd been living in the room he'd crashed into didn't have a hope in hell.

It would have been smart to check for glass before climbing through a window, but Rob was too busy thinking of A: How to get the hell out of this deathtrap and B: Who's ass to kick for leaving him homeless. Not concentrating he cut the palm of his left hand on a shard that was poking up from the window frame, though from for the worst thing that had happened today it still hurt like a bitch. An old white t-shirt that he hadn't seen for months was swinging back and forth from atop a light shade behind him, he managed to just grab the tip of it and wrapped it around his bleeding hand, tieing the knot by using his teeth.

Before leaving what little remained of his home, he glanced around looking for anything that might be useful in aiding his escape. There was a metal bar, that used to belong to his desk, wedged inside an old fan. The impact of it hitting the wall had bent the tip to form a crude crowbar shape. If the rest of the building was anything like this it was almost certain that'd come in handy at some point, plus it would be useful to use as a crutch to keep the weight off his ankle.

What else did they always take in the movies? There was nothing he could use as rope, so that was out of the question, and he didn't even own a torch. Oh well, there were only two outcomes anyway, he'd either get out shortly or be dead before that'd be helpful.

Taking one last look around, he said goodbye to his shattered apartment, and landed on the floor of the southern tower. Not a moment too soon, his wardrobe cascaded down towards the window, luckily it was too large to fly through, but he was battered by a dozen coathangers he'd forgotten he owned. Well that settled it, not even a way back now, let's hope this wasn't a stupid idea.

The was mere rubble blocking his way to the corridor, about two feet of wall and half a door frame were to his left, with what looked like a broken support girder, great, structural integrity at its finest. There was a stairwell just across the corridor, he managed to hobble down them and saw a large black "6" on a sign hanging pathetically from the ceiling. Wow, falling 15 stories and living to tell the tale, if he got out of this he'd have a new story to tell at parties, plus he wasnt far from the ground floor.

He rounded the corner, but the second he stepped on the floor it caved in, taking a chunk of the wall with it, blocking the stairs below. Thankfully he'd managed to back onto a step behind him to avoid falling down too. If this building was anything like his however, there was only one major stairwell...and he'd just destroyed it.

Guess he'd have to head down the hall and see if the fire escape was still intact.

((Thats right, I'm the asshole that blocked the stairs just now Razz))

Last edited by Insane-Rob on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Continuity Correction)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Jay grumbled at both Nick and Liz and mumbled something " goddamned people giving me crap for everything cause they think they know betterand don't show me any goddamn respect. I am like 27 I deserve respect....screw them I have a gun" He shrugged it off, attributing this all to some sorta karma for something he did at some point in the past. He went away from the group for a bit trying to find a window and see if maybe he could signal one of the many firemen who were supposed to be helping evacuate the area. No such luck sadly enough, he sighed and went back to where they were. Deciding that being stuck with such a snarky group was not as bad as being crushed by a building, though it did come in at a close second. He put away his very useless penlight when Nick had brought out his own flashlight.

"okay fine then let's do it your way after all you are the smart one" he said making sure to make the fake quotation marks with his hands at Liz as he just waited for them to figure out what way they wanted to get out from.

I guess this is that part of the job they always say they "can't prepare you for" Jay thought bitterly as he stood by waiting.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Joseph snickered at Liz's remark. He then thought, "I REALLY have to get her number." He started to space out before being snapped back to reality by Liz's remark about the fire escape. He stood there thinking for a minute with his hand on his chin while Jay made some smart talk about being intelligent.

Feeling insulted he spoke up, "Well Mr. Marshall I don't see you in a lab working chemicals or designing weapons for the United States government now do I?" He smirked and went on, "I mean they wouldn't put a FEDERAL MARSHALL on a case if there wasn't someone involved with national security matters. In this scenario I suggest that you listen to the bright ones in the room for once before you draw your gun again."

Joseph never really had an ego, but his bravado in that moment came close to providing one. Inside he was thinking and then remembered and told Liz, "Oh yeah the fire escape was there, but they were doing renovation since they were rusted out to Hell, I think they took them off the lower six floors this morning."

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair before muttering, "At least it isn't raining."

Then the ceilings, everywhere, began raining blood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Liz smiled sardonically at Jay, replying sweetly, "Well, when you can tell me the precise gram amount of heroin someone injected to cause their death via overdose, maybe you can become one of us "smart people" too, okay? But I wouldn't get your hopes up anytime soon. You might have to get some more schooling first. Maybe start back in....well, Kindergarten might be about your speed." Still grinning evilly, she saw Joseph grinning, as well, looking slightly amused.

After a few moments of silence, (Well, mostly silence. Jay was keeping up a constant low murmur of indistinguishable, angry sounding sentences.) Joseph mentioned that he thought they'd removed the fire escapes up to the 6th floor today.

"Well, FUCK." Liz cursed, turning and slamming her fist into a wall. "So we're stuck here, is that what you're saying?" Turning rapidly, Liz raced up to the window where she thought she'd seen the fire escape stairs yesterday. They were gone. And most of the apartments overhead were obliterated by the other tower. Liz turned again, opening her mouth to deliver the bad news, when a man, probably in his early 20s, stumbled out an apartment a few doors down.

"Hey!" Liz choked out after a second of surprise. "Hey, you? Are you okay?" He had a white shirt tied around his hand, and seemed a bit wobbly on his feet.
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Tyler followed everyone sighing not wanting to be noticed by any of them, he began whispering to himself, "There's three people with me, that's too many..." He had a fear of being around too many people, which had bugged him through school. He then noticed blood raining from the ceiling and began feeling cold to his core. He didn't like anything that was happening, none of it made sense. He wanted it all to just be the product of his imagination, but he never got what he wanted without involving money. He sighed in distress as the woman, Liz, began running after an injured man, and leaned on a wall staring out of a smashed window lost in his thoughts.

If he ain't dead or doesn't have anything to help me then why should I worry? People are sick, they'd sooner kill me then hug me... And I am the youngest here I think...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Well shit.

No fire escape, guess luck just wasn't on his side today. Rob reluctantly returned back down the corridor, he'd tried getting someones attention out the window but there was a fire in the window a few rooms down and the smoke was blowing across where he stood. All the other rooms were blocked off too, either they were completely caved in or there was too much rubble in the way to move, it felt like the whole building was conspiring against him.

"What the...?" The floor had become stickier, it was too dark to see beneath his feet but as he reached a doorway to his left, some light shone through. Blood. Blood covering the whole floor. He didn't know where it was coming from, he didn't want to know, but there was more here than it to just be some poor crushed soul with his body bleeding out.

Movement, definately movement up ahead. Perhaps the fire department had managed to get into the tower. But no, they'd have been shouting, calling out asking if anyone was here. It must just be some other person who'd gotten trapped in this concrete maze.

Then it was behind him, soundless movement, shadows being cast without a footstep to be heard. Then he heard laughter, laughter that barely even sounded human. Was it possible some sick person was enjoying all this death and destruction around him? If so, he didn't want to be in here long enough to find out.

He couldn't run, but he made his way back the way he'd come and took a left towards the stairs faster than a man who was struggling to walk should do. He looked back over his shoulder. Big mistake. He fell straight through the hole he'd made earlier right onto the floor below.

Gashed head, sprained ankle, bleeding hand, and now a fall straight onto his back. Not the best of combinations.

He'd fallen straight into an apartment below him, so atleast he was one step closer to the exit. Regaining his strength, he stumbled out the room, a light momentarily blinded him.

There was a group of people stood infront, he heard a womans voice call out to him asking if he was ok, still partially winded from the fall he leant against the wall and replied.

"About as ok as anyone whos apartment just wound up crashing into the building opposite, yeah."

He glanced around at the people nearby, he could swear he recognised some of the faces from somewhere.

"So, how the fuck are getting out of here?"

Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Nick smirked. "Nice entrance," he told the stranger hoarsely. Nick noticed the man's pronounced limp and offered his shoulder. "I think that getting out of here is a great idea at this point." The ground felt sticky under the soles of his work shoes and he pointed the light at the ground. Red, to nobody's real surprise. Something wet and sticky dripped onto his head and Nick instinctively wiped it off his forehead. More red stuff. If he was stupid he'd say it was something other than blood. Considering less than ten minutes ago his last flesh-and-blood friend in the world kicked the bucket rather violently, he was holding up pretty well in his eyes.

Outside, Christmas decorations cheerfully lit up the streets. Most everyone at this hour was asleep or completely drunk. "Anyone have reception?" Nick asked as he was flicking open his own phone. No bars. "I can't believe it. I wanted to get a gun but I kept on putting it off. Now seems like the sort of time it would come in handy..."

His eyes fell upon the pistol the Marshall had just removed from its holster. As overwhelmed as he was, he knew that taking the thing now wouldn't make the situation any less tense. After all, this A-Team consisted of five complete strangers and a dead guy. Working together held the best odds of success. Grim, he listened to the others talking things over, making decisions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:05 pm

((SINCE WE HAVE SOME CONFUSION ABOUT LOCATION I'M JUST MOVING US INTO THE STAIRWELL KAY))

Liz grinned at their newest member. She felt like they'd likely get along, for some reason. Liz looked up at the collapsed floor above them, frowning contemplatively. Chewing on her lip thoughtfully, she grimaced as her lip split open, yet again. Suddenly, it hit her. The elevator shaft. The doors could be easily pried open with a bit of effort, and the shaft might still be open. The elevator car itself had likely fallen to the first floor, but if they were careful, they could likely use the maintenance ladder and climb down to the first floor.

Quickly, she explained her train of thought to everyone else. "Hey, let's go look at the elevator shaft. We can probably pry the doors open, and there's probably a maintenance ladder to climb down. It's worth a shot, right?"

Without waiting for a reply, she walked out of the unhinged door leading to the stairwell, and trotted over to the closed elevator doors. Wedging her fingers into the crack between the two steel halves of the door, she started tugging on one side. The metal door squealed, but it was opening, albeit slowly.

"Hey, can someone give me a hand? I can't do this very well on my own." she called anxiously, squinting into the dark.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Joseph followed Liz to the doors, pulled out his Zippo, patted Liz on the shoulder, and gave it to her while he worked his hidden knife out of his pocket and jammed it in between the doors. He whispered, "If I live I have to get her number." loud enough to be heard.

He noticed the fire axe still on the wall and grabbed it and started hacking at the crack in the doors.

"Hope this works," he thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Why would someone wander off like this when it's so dark? The emergency lights in the hall were almost all damaged or horribly dim. Nick released the hobbling stranger and edged closer slowly to not startle her and make her fall. "H-here," he said, aiming the beam down the shaft for better illumination than the Zippo. Nothing could be made out; the beam wasn't strong enough. "I-I don't think it's a good idea though." Nick had a slight fear of heights. Once the man in the god-awful coat had hacked the doors open he started. "H-hold up a sec," he said, grabbing a fairly heavy piece of concrete. He dropped it down the shaft and everyone waited for the loud clang that announced it had hit something. It took a while. The ladder also looked disused and (obviously) unsafe.

"Why did it have to be an elevator shaft?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:44 pm

WHAM. Liz stepped away, startled, as Joseph dug first his knife, then a fire axe, into the door, opening it in maybe 30 seconds. She could've sworn she heard something about a number come from him as he worked, but she decided she must've imagined it.

Liz gave Nick a small smile when he came over to help them, illuminating the now open elevator shaft with his flashlight. She closed the Zippo, and gave it to Joseph after he stepped back from the shaft. She stepped up to the opening, the light from Nicks' flashlight shining down the elevator shaft. Nick threw a chunk of concrete past her, and they all listened for maybe a minute or so before they heard the sound of it hitting the bottom. She heard Nick mutter something nervously about the ladder (which DID look rusted as all hell).

Turning towards the group, she swallowed dryly, wiping her now-sweating palms on her jeans, leaving more blood smears.

"I'm probably the lightest here, I think. I'll go down first, okay? If I....fall or anything, take sheets from the rooms and make a rope, then try to climb down to the next floor, if you can. If I get to the next floor on the ladder without anything happening to me or the ladder, send someone else down. I can tell them which rungs aren't safe." Not waiting for a reply, Liz crouched with her back facing the shaft, and edged cautiously out over the dark, gaping drop below her, her foot searching for the first rung. Finding it, she tentatively started the climb down.

A few times, she slipped, cursing under her breath for a few seconds. At one point, a rung came off the ladder when she rested her foot on it, and she had to pull herself back up with her still-sore arms, her feet scrambling to find another foothold. But, eventually, she reached the half-open door on the fourth floor, and rested one foot on the lip of the opening for the doors, still gripping the side of the ladder tightly with one hand.

"Hey, guys? Send someone down, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Joseph watched Liz go down with an expression of horror on his face. He was worried sick that she might fall.

"I hope I get her number," he murmured.

When Liz called out to send someone down Joe immediately stepped forward, put the fire axe in his belt, and started to descend, he was on the last rung, in sight of Liz when he slipped because of his bloodied shoes.

He fell, but grabbed the edge of the elevator door with his hand and finally called up, "I seem to have fallen Ms. Stark, and I don't think I'll make it."

He sighed and thought how much of a moron he was for wanting her number, instead of being concerned with falling he smiled wide and decided to ask, "Hey Liz, if I live through this, can I have your number?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:30 pm

(I hope I can safely assume that you fell and are hanging onto the doorway super is in. If not then ill change the post.)

Jay, who had come out of his trance of silent muttering about disrespect, pushed through the others since he had heard noises that had unsettled him from thinking Joe had made it down safely. He peaked down and noticed Joe hanging onto what seemed to be the doorway. He sighed and muttered "yeah being smart is going to fucking help you there...." Than he yelled down after hearing Joe's so called 'last words' "Man what the hell are you talkin about?! this is not the time to be chatting a girl up.....least of all my new and ANNOYING partner." He had started his way down the ladder while he was speaking and was careful to make sure he didn't end up in the same predicament as Joe. He slipped a few times as well, once even with both of his feet which luckily he stopped himself from a death fall by wrapping his elbow around a rung of the ladder which thankfully held "guess my luck is turning around" he whispered silently as he finally made it down and successfully landed on the floor with super.

He turned around and threw off his coat. As he started rolling up his sleeves he remarked "Now maybe I can't figure out that someone has taken around maybe 500 milligrams of heroin to kill themselves if they aren't really tolerant of it, and around so much as 1800 milligrams when they are. But when YOU need to fight a man who is drugged up on THAT MUCH of any drug. They don't go down with just a simple punch to the face or..." he paused as he knelt down and handed Joe his arm, wanting to pull him up "I don't know....mace cans that you ladies are trained to use. Just feel free to go ahead and call me to get rid of them okay? Because maybe you can find out what has killed a guy. But I am the one who stops them from killing again, please respect that,okay sweetheart?" He said grinning. As he braced his arm that wasn't going to be pulling Joe up against the doorway.

"okay cmon now pal let me pull ya up!" he yelled at Joe
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Rob fell back and slumped on a chair that had slid into the corridor, that run and fall had taken it all out of him, merely walking to the elevator shaft was tiring. Oh well, if these guys kept rushing ahead they were going to be the ones to snuff it first, it'd be like having his own early warning system.

As he put his makeshift crowbar against the wall beside him, the door of the apartment next to him moved slightly. Miraculously it was still attached on its hinges, and not even locked; he peeked inside, not sure what he was hoping to find. In his current condition he wasn't going to be of much physical use, and working in a DIY store he highly doubted he was the most intelligent here. But hey, he'd lived through alot in the past 15 minutes, perhaps he could be the luckiest.

"I'm just gonna take a look around here" he said towards the quiet kid nearby, he never was any good at remembering names.

If up until now was something to go by, anything could be useful. The kitchen was still intact, perfect. He picked up a pair of scissors, found a screwdriver in a drawer and took the batteries out of a radio, the flashlight was always the first thing to break. He caught a glimpse of a wallet that lay on the floor, it wasnt like the sucker who owned it was going to need it any time soon, so he snatched it up without a second thought.

He put what little he'd been able to find into his pockets and returned to the corridor.

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Liz had been reaching down grab Joseph and pull him up when the blonde man's question caused her to pause and stare at him in shock. In the span of time during which she was frozen, staring at Joseph, Jay managed to make his way down the ladder. His insults broke through her panicked freeze, and she straightened, scowling at his back as he leaned down to start helping Joseph up. Annoyed, she swung her leg out at the back of his knees, dropping him straight to the ground, then stepped over him, wrapping her hands around Joseph's wrists and leaning back, using the concepts of SCIENCE to pull him out of the elevator shaft.

Turning slightly, still crouched next to the open elevator doors, she grinned at Jay, who was still sitting on the ground where she'd left him. "Brains over brawn, every time, partner."

Liz smirked at him, pushing herself into a standing position. "Nick? Tyler? Rob? You guys coming anytime soon? I'd prefer to get out of here before the entire building comes down, if it's all the same to you?"
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:16 am

During the time after he asked Liz about her number, Jay had come down and almost stepped on his hand and Ms. Stark seemed absolutely in shock that Joe would ask such a question. Anyhow in the mean time Joseph was still dangling from the elevator shaft when he thought, 'Some way to die eh?'

He heard some arguing above after Jay pretty much said women or intellect were weak before hearing someone hit the floor and Liz reached down to pull him up. He smiled as she helped him up and thought to himself, 'I think I'm in love.'

He snickered at Liz then looked back up the shaft, wondering what was taking them so long.

The rain of blood was getting thicker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:58 am

"I hear you," Nick called. "Well guys, as nice as it is to be the most intelligent and attractive person on this floor, I'd rather be the most intelligent and attractive person down there." Tucking the bat into the waistband of his pants and passing the light off to one of the others he started down the ladder, staring straight ahead so he didn't have to look at the long drop that would await him if he fell. Most of the rungs had gotten slippery from the blood on everyone else's shoes, but rather than grip the slippery rungs he locked his elbows down the sides. Two or three rungs actually snapped off due to a combination of rust, neglect and Nick's heavier build. He notified the others still waiting on the upper level. He spat out a globule of blood that had dripped into his mouth and muttered something about hoping he wouldn't get AIDS and a host of other venereal diseases before joining the other three. Nick noticed the flashlight's beam had gotten noticeably weaker.

"I wonder if Keith was making shadow puppets again and forgot to change the batteries," he remarked drily. "Guys you might want to find some batteries or something," he shouted up at the remaining survivors. "So, let's see, the gang's all here. Shaggy," he pointed at the Marshall, "Daphne," he pointed at the redhead, "Fred," he pointed at the man in the awful coat, "and me, Velma, the attractive smart one," he finished proudly. "So what about Scooby Dumb and Scrappy up there?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:24 am

(damn kids not showin the law any respect *gumble grumble* xD by the way are we going to be able to get out once everyone comes down the ladders or will there be some other obstacle we gotta get past? )

IC:

Though jay wanted to possibly snap back at his partner, for lack of a better term, His attention was refocused on hearing the several snapping sounds from the elevator shaft,half expecting to see Nick come crashing down the shaft past them, he was relieved to see him make his way down. Though he didn't fully appareciate his humor he did enjoy it alot more than having all his efforts to be helpful be blocked by some girl who had to prove science was all that mattered.
"Well she was the one to get caught off guard and knocked out so that makes sense" He said with a chuckle,in reference to Liz being Daphne, He went up to the elevator shaft and viewed the ladder which had now lost a few more rungs when Nick had climbed down. yikes hope neither of them way too much.....

He then turned back around to face the others, not saying anything, just waiting until everyone else got down and they could get out of here.
Back to top Go down
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Liz snickered a bit at Nick's description of their ragtag group, watching him as he looked at the rapidly dimming flashlight. "Oh, I can get us some stuff, my apartment is on this floor." Liz told him, gesturing for him to follow her down the hallway, wiping away a drop of blood that had dripped into her eye.

"Hey, Joseph, Jay, stay here until Rob and Tyler get down okay? Nick and I are going to get some batteries and flashlights from my apartment, aight?" she called over her shoulder, fumbling for a moment in her pocket until her bloodied fingers found the cold metal of her keys. Struggling to find the keyhole, she finally unlocked the door, nearly slipping on a puddle of blood.

"Where the fuck is the blood coming from..." Liz muttered under her breath, opening the door. It was dark inside, but she already knew that all her flashlights and batteries and the first aid kit were in the closet in the bedroom. Making her way into her room, she opened the closet, pulling out 4 flashlights, and a few packs of various battery types. "Here, Nick, take some of this for me." she said, holding out a few packs of batteries. The first aid kit was, conveniently enough, one of the fanny pack types, and she slung it around her waist, settling the bag over her left hip.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:44 pm

Joseph snickered until he was compared to Fred, he then muttered under his breath, "I am not Fred...I am not a moron..." He stood there and heard Liz say she was going to her apartment. She told him not to follow and wait there. Instead, since the light was gone, he began to slowly follow her.

He did it for three reasons, one was to keep both the elevator, and those two in sight. The second was so he could make sure they were okay. Third was so he could find her apartment number.

As he heard her fumbling with her keys Joseph pulled a candle from his pocket and light it with his lighter. "Be Prepared they said..." he mumbled. He shut the lighter but right as he was about to put it in his pocket he heard the air move behind him. He froze, but turned around slowly on his heel to face that grinning, laughing face directly. They stared at each other for a moment, and then the grinning face disappeared.

There was silence as Joe thought he was going to die.

As suddenly as the power had turned off, it flickered back on, illuminating the whole floor in all its gory glory. There is blood on the walls, on the carpet, and dripping from the ceiling. The floor was being illuminated by a sickly pink light from the flickering lights above the hallway. Despite this the thing that probably should concern the group the most is the fact the elevator is coming up the shaft.

Joe looked back towards the elevator, and saw a freshly slain body.

He said in a frantic voice, "Shit, Liz, come back here, we got another one...and I can't tell who it is...I think it's Jay..."

He looked down the hall to see Jay standing there.

"Nope, can't be him...OH WAIT it's Charles Manson from the room down the hall...he owed me three bucks...OH HEY" Joseph eyed his wallet and took out a five and muttered, "With interest."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:38 pm

"Shit, Liz, come back here, we got another one...and I can't tell who it is...I think it's Jay..."

Liz shoved some of the batteries into Nick's waiting hands and took off running into the hallway, skidding to stop, her eyes landing on Jay right as Joseph said "Nope, can't be him...OH WAIT it's Charles Manson from the room down the hall...he owed me three bucks...OH HEY". Giving Joseph a half-joking frown, she knelt next to the body, leaning in close. The corpses' eyes were open still, so she pulled the eyelids up, leaning in until her face was inches from Mr. Manson's face. His pupils were still dilated to nearly pinpricks, indicative of the fact he'd felt a strong emotion, a la fear, right before dying. His eyes were also exceedingly bloodshot, indicating either sleepless nights, or a few other things. Maybe a genetic disposition.

'Moving on,' Liz thought, bringing her thoughts back on track. Her eyes traced over the man's body, taking in the blood spatters and the jagged lacerations covering nearly every inch of his body. Leaning in to examine a particularly large wound, Liz tuned out everyone else in the hallway. In her mind, it was only her, and Mr. Charles Manson, inhabiting this dim, blood covered hallway. Pushing hair out of her eyes, she pushed a finger into the wound, feeling bone at the bottom. 'Deep, and not made by any sharp tools, based on the edges of the cut. Claws, maybe? But if there was some kind of animal on the loose, how the HELL did it get into an apartment, and all the way up to the fourth floor...That doesn't make sense. What IS this?"
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Tyler sighed after recollecting his composure and then joined everyone else near the elevator and saw the body. After the third body being discovered he quit caring about the corpses. He then began frisking he corpse checking him for anything useful, and pulled out his wallet and took all the money out, smirking, and gave Joe the three dollars smiling broadly. "I think his debt's been repaid there Joe!" He then stood up and sighed. Now they know you'd rob a dead man... Better explain yourself. "I know you think I did something sick... But I can't get a fucking job in Indianapolis, I can barely survive on pick pocketing, my home is my car and I never hurt anyone... Wanna arrest me now better do it and then wind up like Charlie here when you're busy trying to get a handcuffed man down a ladder." His eyes were empty as he spoke, his voice was neutral and eerily calm compared to when he spoke earlier. He dropped the empty wallet on the dead man and leaned on a wall waiting for someone to insult him or scold him for his crime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Jay had freaked out a moment when the whole area had gotten abnormally dark, he withdrew his weapon but didn't fire, the darkness was so thick that when he heard the sound of a body falling somewhat nearby he freaked out. After that, the darkness seemed to lift for him and he found himself farther down the hallway than he origionally was "what the....?" he spun around and saw Liz coming down the hallway with a worried expression since they ahd both apparently heard Joe say that he was dead and then later on deny it. "yeah im fine...a little confused but fine..." he muttered as he walked back up to the body that Liz was examining. He shrugged when Tyler launched his defense of himself for robbing the body

"well you and Joe here are homeless now anyways soooo you are going to need that money anyways, but let's get out of here before any other suprise bodies show up. "
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Joseph glared at Jay. He said in a low voice, slowly working up a crescendo, "Homeless? HOMELESS? Hell I have more property and homes than you'll ever have Mr. Marshall, just my job keeps me here."

He then muttered, "Goddamn petty cop..."

Suddenly the blood started to disappear, starting at the elevator and slowly creeping, like water, towards the group.

"What...the...fuck...Am I hallucinating guys...Liz?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Nick eventually caught up with the others. He looked dully at the body and then announced,

"I can't believe you'd leave me in a room when he just shouted he found a body!" he hissed at Liz. "I don't like dark rooms, and I don't like being alone in dark rooms when something's ripping people up! I was scared stiff dammit!" he said, slightly hysterical. "Especially when I bumped into SOMETHING in the dark and I thought I saw some creepy smile in the window! You guys SUCK!" After being asked whether he'd still had the things Liz had handed him in a hurry, he told them that he'd dropped a lot of it but managed to retrieve most of the batteries and other supplies before meeting up with the others. He handed them off to anyone who'd take them and slumped against the wall, frightened and annoyed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:57 pm

What the hell? First the lights, now the elevator? None of this power should be working by any rights. Hell, that entire shaft should have collapsed, it shouldn't be standing, let alone running!

Either way, Rob wasn't going to risk climbing half way down only for the elevator to block his path and take him back up again.

Oh well, he was already planning to go it solo, besides there was bound to be another hole in the floor somewhere. Prefferably he'd land slightly better this time.

"Hey guys!" He yelled down the shaft "I'll find another way around, I don't think I could climb down in this condition anyway!"

He heard a reply but couldn't make out who from or what it said. He'd only met them a few minutes ago, and thinking about it, couldn't even remember their names, it wasn't a big deal to have to leave.

"Hmm, left or right?" He wondered to himself. Well both his left limbs were injured in some way, perhaps that was a sign to avoid that idea. He could hear the elevator just about to reach his floor, he was just about to set off walking, but to his surprised it simply stopped right behind him. He actually laughed a little when it made the little 'Ding!' sound of the doors opening, despite only one being able to move.

Was it worth the risk? He could quite easily run in, press a button for the elevator to go down and jump out again before it closed up. It would open up the ability to climb down again... On second thoughts, he could probably reach the buttons with the metal bar he had, there wasnt any risk in that was there?

Screw it, nothing to lose. He turned around, intent on atleast seeing if this plan would work.

At first he didn't believe what he saw, someone was inside the fucking thing? It was too dark to see who, but the lights inside flicked on and off. The figure was gone in an instant, the only sign he was ever there was the echoing laughter, coming from all sides, from every room, every wall.

He was frozen, this wasn't possible, and coming from the guy who'd just ridden a building to the ground, that was saying alot.

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   

Back to top Go down

Horror ~ Smiling Man
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2