The Gullies

All rping and big fancy schmancy buisness talks will officially be taken here from now on.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Why should guns be banned?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DD

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:49 pm

If guns are banned then do what scotland does, use knvies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw
Insane-Rob
Lord Wadelsworth British Roundhead

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Having lived in a country where firearms are illegal, I find it alot easier to argue why they are not necessary.

To put it simply, everyone will try to out-do everyone else, if someone gets a baseball bat to fight with, someone else will see it is ok to have a knife. From there someone will eventually see it's ok to have a small handgun and the problem escalated until every person has the capability to kill each other with the simple pull of a trigger or push of a button.

It is, however, a necessary precaution for police to be armed. Having firearms banned would not cause nobody to own one, and the small majority that would then use them to their advantage would have to be stopped in some way shape or form.

Admittedly, it should always be a last resort, tasers, gas or other non-lethal methods should all be ruled out before an officer would be forced to fire a gun at anyone.

In short, the public does not need firearms, if nobody has any then there is no real need to use the 'I need it for defence' excuse. The problem arises when this law is broken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Guns should be banned because any idiot can buy an AK-47, and shoot up a bar and then himself, guns SHOULDN'T be banned because whose gonna take that idiot DOWN!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Rob, for us here in the states we have wild animals, in England you have rabbits. We have to shoot coyotes and wolves off at night and possums, raccoons, bears, snakes, you name it.

Here it is necessary unless you live in a metropolitan area like in the East.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DD

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Hey, Rabbits are deadly, you ever tried to pet one? RIPPED MY PALS LEG OFF!
Back to top Go down
RPholic
I can quit RP anytime I want. I just dont want to
I can quit RP anytime I want. I just dont want to

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:56 pm

i think you should see this informative documentary on rabbits in england wesker
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gullible.userboard.net
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:56 pm

There must be other ways to deter animals than shooting them. If owning a gun is seriously the only method over there then someone needs to make a change. Hell, just something that makes a loud noise or fires something non-lethal would be enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Ugh...Bear...loud noises = dead.
Ugh...Coyote...loud noises = dead.
Ugh...Wolves...loud noises = dead.
Ugh...most snakes...loud noises = dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DD

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Ugh...Fox...loud noises = fox running away
Ugh...Snake...loud noises = snake slithering away
Ugh...Rabbit...loud noises = dead

If its a bear though then good luck in trying to scare that away, mate
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:01 pm

The real problem is, if you allow guns as an animal detterant, then that will be the excuse everyone uses in order to own one, regardless of whether its true or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:02 pm

I think handguns and machine guns should be banned in America, if you can conceal it, you can use it and kill people with it a little more efficiently, and I see no civilian cause to own a fully automatic machine gun, but maybe shotguns and rifles are okay, they're used for hunting purposes and hunting IS a universal sport

Only cops should have handguns and civilians should have the shotguns and rifles for hunting purposes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Well Rob deal with it, people will abuse laws, I know I abuse them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:04 pm

That's a reasonable point I think, for most cases not being able to conceal a gun might help in some way. Perhaps be allowed to store weaponry in a house or shops (incase of robbery ect), but have a universal ban on taking them in public?

That is to say if there isnt already some form of law against that? I'm unsure as to how it works over there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:06 pm

You have to apply for a permit to carry, if granted you can carry open or concealed, they used to give em out like candy, now they aren't.

if you are caught, big fine and years in prison.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:11 pm

If you own a gun illegally, chances are that you have an illegal reason to do so.

I appreciate the reasons that people do wish to own a gun, but unfortunately the few that use them for these illegal reasons mean there needs to be an overhaul in the rules surounding their availability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:12 pm

All you do is show your ID at the gunstore...buying it is not illegal if you're over 18(longarms), and 21(handguns)respectively. If you have a felony, no guns, except rifles. =\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:15 pm

Oh well, I suppose this little debate in here isnt going to change the law in any way Razz

You guys have fun with your guns, I'll be satisfied with the knowledge that I'm not going to be mugged with one any time soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DD

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:21 pm

You may not be mugged by someone with a gun but you will proabbly by a knife...or a woman knowing you.
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Ok, who gave DD a knife?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:40 pm

...You did?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DD

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:19 pm

It was our anniversary present remember honey? -snuggles-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.   

Back to top Go down

Debate #2: Firearms should be banned.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1