The Gullies

All rping and big fancy schmancy buisness talks will officially be taken here from now on.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Insane-Rob
Lord Wadelsworth British Roundhead

PostSubject: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Setting:

It's present day, the majority of the opening of the RP will be coastal Greece, but will likely travel from this location.

Rules:

Everyone is allowed one character, and control over one minor NPC at a time (eg. talking on the phone, or to a shop owner)

No killing other RPers directly, injury or trapping is fine, and if the victim cannot think of a valid way to get out of the situation then they will be classed as dead.

If the language you or an NPC is speaking in is relevant, please specify using itallics and brackets (Eg. He replied (greek) "Sorry, can't help you")

There are to begin with 2 teams, that will both be competing to get to the next part of the hunt first, players can be assigned to either. If enough people join (unlikely but hey) then a third can enter the mix.

Team A will be the treasure hunters, this will be lead by me and is open to anyone who wishes.
Team B is competing with this team in order to beat them to the next designated local, maximum of 4 members.
Team C will be the "bad guys", only allowing 2 or 3 max people in this one.

It's present day, so nothing out of current human capabilities.

No double posting allowed unless nobody has participated for atleast 24 hours since your post.

Make a quick post saying "typing entry" if you are doing such, then edit it with your post when you are finished, this will stop two people posting at once and overlapping key points (This wont apply for the start in order to have everybody get their characters setup quickly)

This also means that for your first post you are not allowed to interact with any other RPers unless you are both aware of it to begin with.

Character template:

Picture (optional):
Name:
Role within team:
Tools/equipment (optional):
Background info:

Last edited by Insane-Rob on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Name: Richard Weaver
Designated team: A
Role within team: Leader
Tools/equipment (optional): Unnaturally extensive knowledge of Greek mythology, aswell as above average intelligence

Background info: Richard has spent the past 8 years searching for the mythical Atlantis, a search that drove his father to madness. In a desperate effort to prove the scientific community that his father was not a fool, he has since tried to find anything that could make his lifes work mean something. At 13 he was taken on his first voyage into the Greek ocean, where he was taught the language, how to drive a boat and to operate scuba gear. He dropped out of school at 15 to help his father in his search, and at the disapproval of his mother has spent most of his adult life in and around Greece.
He is often blinded by his need to find atlantis, making him easily offended on the subject and will often miss things that others would find obvious. But this also means he is usually quick to notice anything that may help him to find the city.
Though preffering to work alone, he has made a small group of friends that stuck with him and his search, he trusts them with his life and would gladly sacrifice himself for any of them.

I can quit RP anytime I want. I just dont want to
I can quit RP anytime I want. I just dont want to

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Picture (optional):

Name: Blake Neely

Designated team:A

Role within team:Security.

Tools/equipment (optional):
Ak-47
1 fragmentation gernade
100 .40 S&W PISTOL

Background info:

Blake had basically a normal life until he met Richard in Greece around 8 years ago. Blake thoguht Richard was insane but he frequented one of the places Blake went to relax so eventually they became friends and Blake always told Richard that the second he thoguht he could definantly find Atlantis that Blake would get all the money and other resources he could find to help Richard out. Little did he know that he actually would have to actually make good on that promise. Blake's main area of expertise is fighting, he has earned a decent living as a security guard for hire by anyone who needs protection. Which, at this point, is his friend Richard ,who Blake thinks is still kind of crazy, but he is ready to fight for Richard since he finds Richard's resolve to prove his dad sane to be very noble.

(there we go...kinda sucky but im rusty so forgive me xD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gullible.userboard.net
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Name:Baron Shultz von Battenburg

Designated team: NAZIS

Role within team: Leader

Tools/equipment (optional): Luger, swarms of Nazis, tanks, you know(secret black projects and jet packs, you'll see later).

Background info: Born in 1940, he was raised by Nazis and became a Nazi, still a Nazi. He's been trying to bring the Nazi's back, and is succeeding thanks to the slight recession around the world. He's extremely intelligent but egotistical. He's fit for being 70, blond hair and blue eyes. He's heard the legend of Atlantis, and studied Greek mythos, but he is really after the legendary technology they possessed.

Oh and he's had enough time to get rich by abusing the stock market.

(I hate Nazis.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stark

PostSubject: HEY KIDS   Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 am

Name: Lykaios Mena
Designated team: Team A
Role within team: "Professional" Thief
Tools/equipment: Lockpicks, Small Handmade Explosives, Above Average Intelligence, Odd ability to sense traps/danger, Excellent climbing abilities
Background info: Prefers to go by Lyka. Grew up mostly in Athens, Greece. Parents fished in Mediterranean for a living, until they died in a storm when Lyka was 8. Lyka floated from foster home to foster home until she was about 16, when she decided to run away and make her own way in the world. Found a small gang, and assimilated herself into it, realizing this was probably the easiest, if not the most honest, way to make a living. Started off as a pickpocket, then moved slowly up to actual breaking and entering. Left the gang when she was about 20 and started working as a "professional" thief, wandering from job to job around Greece. Eventually ran into Richard Weaver, and, captivated by his fascination with Atlantis (one of her favourite childhood stories), decided to help him in his endeavours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fawkyeahbirkin.deviantart.com
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:17 am

Picture (optional): Here.
Name: William ('Billy') Fareth
Designated team: Unaffiliated/liable to help just about anyone
Role within team: Troll
Tools/equipment (optional): Old map, unreadable. Also keeps a Chinese dagger-axe in his hotel room.

Background info: Split between peppy and sarcastic, Bill is mildly obsessive about things he's interested in. One is the map his father bequeathed to him, another is his skill with polearms. It cost almost everything he had and several forged notes in order to get his flight to Greece from the States. The only word he had to go on was his adult friend at the museum. About halfway through his attempted translation of the characters, he committed suicide. Bill knew it had to be a setup, and confided in his mother the entire story. At first, she didn't believe him, but decided to let him head to Greece to discover the truth.

Bill is a surprisingly insightful adolescent and is good at gauging the intentions of others. He can effectively make himself invisible if the situation requires it. Unfortunately, he does not have much firearm experience, but knows which end to point at his target and where the trigger is. His constitution is somewhat above-average, and he will hide injuries, hunger, or other discomfort until it becomes potentially serious.

He speaks Greek, but it is rough and there are grammatical mistakes, as he is a novice.

arguin bout my lil ponies i luv dfos so much ~keisha
dont lie they were all fat ugly chicks, u were @ an anime convention ~Gir
i think i can honestly say fuck this. it sounds like it's going to take the coordination and expertise of a swat team or an anti terrorist group. ~Eilana

Dfosource is a game? The hell am I asking, of course it is. ~Nayru

Captain~Promiscuity: WHAT IS THIS A SHIT TASTIC CROSS OVER OF NOW?
SeihouDegen: CURE 2 IN TOUHOU I'M SORRY WHAT IN THE BYAKUREN FUCK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenzie

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:44 am

Name: Alexandra (Alex) Frank
Designated team: A
Role within team: Medic
Tools/equipment: Alexandra is a rather intelligent and clever being and is highly skilled in medicine. In her adventures she carries along side her revolver and knife in her trench coat and medicine supplies in a small bag.

Background: Alexandra (or Alex) was just a small girl when her parents died in a car accident and soon after was sent to live with her grandparents. Her grandfather was a World War II Veteran and her grandmother was a nurse. At the ages 13 to 16 her grandmother taught her basic medical practices which inspired her to enter medical school, at the age of 17 her grandmother died of a heart attack and her grandfather died of heart break two months later. At the age of 20 she entered medical school to further her interest in medicine, at the age of twenty four she graduated medical school and went off to travel the world to help those in need, there she met Richard and since then has been a close friend of his.
After going on some adventures with him, she decided it was best to learn how to use a weapon. Years later, after hearing the news of Richard forming a search group she gladly joined as the group's medic and to put her skills to further use.

Oh my god this probably sucks, I haven't rped in awhile so do bear with me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 am

So hey, not much point in team B existing, hence, until further notice, it is no longer there.

Team A shall now stand for Team Awesomesauce

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:56 am

Current timeline, I thought it'd be a good refference for everyone.

I've added my own stuff in, if there's anything anyone else would like to add or edit dont hesitate to ask.

1940, Shultz born
1981, Alex born
1984, Blake born
1986, Richard born
1987, Lyka born
1994, Alex moves in with grandmother after parents' death, begins medical training
_____Billy born
1995, Lykas parents are killed
1999, Richards first voyage in the ocean, stays for 3 months
2001, Richard drops out of school
_____Alex enters medical school
2002, Richards father, Daniel, gives up the search
_____Blake and Richard meet
2003, Lyka runs away from home, joins street gang
2004, Richard and Blake spend 3 months in Greek prison after being arrested in restricted area of mediterranean
2005, Alex begins travelling, meets Richard
_____Alex aids Blake and Richard from scuba injury
_____They officially acknowledge themselves as a group
2006, Richard is offered Doctor status, but refuses to accept it, though he is still officially labelled as such
2007, Lyka leaves street gang, meets Richard
_____Alex hears news of the groups expansion and joins permanantly as medic
2008, First expedtition with all four members present
2009, Shultz offers to sponsor groups' research, Richard, in desperate need of funding, reluctantly accepts
2010, The team uncover what they believe to be atlantian writing off the coast of Skyros
_____Current events

Last edited by Insane-Rob on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:59 am

Bill's born in 1994, if Lyka was born in 1987.

arguin bout my lil ponies i luv dfos so much ~keisha
dont lie they were all fat ugly chicks, u were @ an anime convention ~Gir
i think i can honestly say fuck this. it sounds like it's going to take the coordination and expertise of a swat team or an anti terrorist group. ~Eilana

Dfosource is a game? The hell am I asking, of course it is. ~Nayru

Captain~Promiscuity: WHAT IS THIS A SHIT TASTIC CROSS OVER OF NOW?
SeihouDegen: CURE 2 IN TOUHOU I'M SORRY WHAT IN THE BYAKUREN FUCK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Hour limit on post reservations in action.

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)   

Back to top Go down

The search of an obsessed man (setup page/character introduction)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1